Wednesday 29 February 2012

A Little Sweet & A Lot of Love


This past year has been a very special one for myself and my husband Tom, with the arrival of our gorgeous son Ollie.    I wanted to do something special to celebrate Valentine's Day and our anniversary (albeit belated... it was actually on the 3rd of January!) so I created this mini dessert table for Tom and our family to enjoy.


Whilst very simple in its design, this dessert table is very meaningful.


Styling by Sooti & Sweet



To give it that extra personal touch, I created the desserts myself. The lemon cupcakes are my husband's favourite as are the vanilla shortbread cookies.  They were iced in the same colours as the dresses worn by my bridesmaids (sky blue, lavender, lemon, peach and mint) and I (very pale pink) on our wedding day.


Vanilla shortbread cookies



Lemon cupcakes with vanilla buttercream icing and fondant topper


The white diamante cake was the top tier of our original wedding cake and was also used as the top tier of our son's Christening cake.

Top tier of our wedding cake by Vanilla Bean - Cake Design


The chocolate bar wrappers and garland were made using our wedding invitation papers and the candle sticks were used during our wedding ceremony.  The white orchids were a feature of my floral bouquet and the table centre pieces at our reception.


Garland


Chocolate bars in custom wrapper




I loved designing this table and adding elements that mean so much to Tom and I.  


I would be honoured to create something like this for you too, for that special celebration in your life.


Much love,


Nicole x

No comments:

Post a Comment